Pages

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Happy Birthday Maa!





Anybody who knows me 'well' would be actually surprised to see a birthday post dedicated to my Maa.
That's because no one actually apart from my mom herself knows how strange a relationship we share.
At school ... at college and now even on blogs and social networking sites I keep talking about my dad and I am sure many of my offline as well as online friends are fed up of seeing/hearing me write and talk about my dad. Its well accepted for a gal to be more influenced by her dad than her mom.

If I say that my mom influences me more than dad then that would be wrong. My mom influences me differently would be the correct way to say it.
Back to my school days....It was mom who always did the small things for me. No am not talking about packing me the lunch or getting me ready for school. She taught me. She used to run after me to make me learn those lengthy lessons.
I remember my mum n my grand mum stitching the borders of a Saree with blue cloth for a fancy dress competition in which I'd become Mother Teresa. Back in 2001.
I remember those several speech competitions for which she sat with me to help me learn it to get those priceless prize mementos lying in the shelf . 
Those notebooks that she covered for me in the beginning of every session.
It's not just about the school days.
It's about so much she's done for me...
It's about every hot coffee/tea she brought me when I got a head ache and other aches.
It's about the lot of work she does so that I can study peacefully.

My mom has never been a pampering mom. I've always fought with her for this. But It's just in these few years that I've realized why she's not been so.
I've never heard my mom praising me in front of others.
I've even thought she doesn't love me.
But it's just now that I realize that she's extremely possessive about me even more than my dad.
Dad once told me that whenever I am not at home My mom has no other topic to discuss apart from me.
It's quite strange that she loves me so much and shows only a tenth of it :P


I've impressed many people in my life.
Many people in my life who I thought can never ever compliment me on a thing have done so.
My mom too has...
But I know the day she tells me that I've done something well I guess that day I'd consider myself really worth it.
My relationship with my mom is something like "TOM and JERRY". We fight ..argue..disagree...say whatever comes to out mouths but then can't live without each other too.
She's one very confident...bubbly...funny...beautiful...extrovert ...yet homely woman.
Couldn't get a better mom on this Earth.


Happy Birthday Mummy....(that's what I call her)

22 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

That is a wonderful tribute and should be heart warming to your mom.Belated birthday wishes to your mom

kjanjue said...

Well written...
all words are true..
moms are really special....

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

lovely post. a very happy b'day to ur mummy... i kind of share a similar kind of relationship with my mom. :)

Anwesa said...

Happy b'de to Lil' Priya's Mummy !
Wish your family loads of happiness.

P.S. : Tom and Jerry wala relationship - kahaani ghar ghar ki :)

Rià said...

This is so so sweet!! Plz go and give her a hug from my side. :)

joie de vivre said...

tum mummy ki look alike ho..sacchii

Love and my wishes to her
:D

Suresh Kumar said...

Mothers are always specials.. We would always be there in their prayers...
Wishing your mother a happy birthday... and a great post from u...

deeps said...

just read while reading something...

All Mothers Think That Their Child Is Beautiful...,





But,









Only My Mom Is RIGHT !

well, you can say so... and thanks to her... alle?

Hitesh Rawat said...

so... how though or easy was it to write......?????


guys, like me, find it really hard to express feelings..... and take ppl for granted..... like moms and dads..... it's very easy than... talking to them about it........

anyways.... u did good.... did she read it??????? have you told her about this?????

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ Kp sir: thanks a lot had passed on ur wish :D

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ kul sir:

yeah they surely are..:) thnx for ur wishes :)

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ pree:
thankiyuu dear:)
thnx for ur wishes :))
>:D<

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ Anwesa:

hehe so it's the same wth u too :P
thnx for ur wishes gal :)

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ ria:

yeahh I gave her a tightuu bear Hug frm ur side hehe
thnx for the wish dear :)

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ joie:

awwww tats suchaa gr8 compliment hehe
thnxuuu :))

passed on ur wish babe :D

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ suresh:
tankiyuuu re :))
passed on ur wish :)
yeahh moms r realllyyy super speciall!!

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@ deeps:

hehehe :D
well I dunno I cn say so or not...bt If I can then surely it's cos of her :))
thnx for ur wishes :D

Priyadarshini Joyce said...

@hitesh:

well I just poured out ma heart ...depends on the mood for me..if the mood is right then I cn just pour out ma feelings on ma blog :)
yeahhh she did read it nd loved it :))

thnx :))

Bikram said...

Sorry i am late .. Say happy birthday to your mum and my regards ...

and mums are the best :)


Bikram's

Pri said...

heyy belated birthday wishes to your mom...thats a nice collage of memories u have there :)

p.s: i must have said this before-u look so much like your mom!!

Keshi said...

Happy bday to a wonderful mother of a wonderful child!

Much Love
Keshi.

deeps said...

Happy Christmas gurl :P